Equity and Wellness Committee Minutes
The school district will provide a comprehensive learning environment for developing and practicing lifelong wellness behaviors. The entire school environment, not just the classroom, shall be aligned with healthy school district goals to positively influence a studentâs understanding, beliefs and habits as they relate to good nutrition and regular physical activity.
The school district will establish and maintain a local wellness policy committee comprised of representatives of the board, parents, students, community, leaders in food/exercise authority and employees. The local wellness policy committee will develop a plan to implement:
- Specific Wellness Goals for nutrition education and promotion; physical activity; and other school-based activities that are designed to promote student wellness.
- Nutrition guidelines for all foods available with the objective of promoting student health in the school district.
- Standards for reimbursable meals.
- Requirements for monitoring this policy.
- Identification of who will be monitoring implementation of the policy.
Click here to view the Wellness Policy
Click below to view the monthly minutes of the Equity and Wellness Committee: